Minimal Steam UI Skin | Steam Skins | My Top 10 Series
As we know there are millions of users on Steam and some of them playing games for many years or some of them just started. Personally, I don’t like the steam’s default UI, it looks like a zombie because it is working but with horrible skin.
Apart from this thing, the best thing is that we can personalize the GUI of Steam. Yes, we can give life to our boring steam by just applying some skins available on the internet.
But where to find them? You can google them if you want to waste time.
And if you don’t want to waste your time then read my today’s article.
In today’s article, I am gonna introduced a stylish and heart winning steam skin – The Minimal Steam UI Skin.
In terms of color, Minimal steam UI is in black and white. The heading has been changed to a bright, blood red, green and blue in the games list.
The min/max/close buttons are custom made and with a new messages icon.
The number of menus has been reduced to three, while the Steam section links have been made much smaller and put onto the same line as the menu drop downs, along with the messages, and big picture icons, which are now next to the min/max/close buttons. The search bar has been removed.
How to install this theme?
Follow these simple steps to change the skin of steam client:
1. Download the skin (links are at the end of the article).
2. Extract the file using WinRAR or similar software.
3. Move or copy the extracted folder to : Windows: steam installation folder/skins
example: C:/program files (x86)/steam/skins
Mac OS X: find -/Library/Application/Support/Steam/
4. After copying the skin folder open the steam client and go to settings > interface.
5. Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the Air Skin listed there.
6. Press OK and a dialogue box will be open asking to restart the steam, click on ‘Restart Steam’.
7. Congratulations, you have successfully changed the skin of Steam. Enjoy!
Want to uninstall skin?
just delete the skin folder that you have copied previously to uninstall completely from the PC and if you want to just disable it then simply go to the ‘Settings’ of steam client > select ‘Interface’ section > choose the different theme to disable previous one.
If you want to experiment more steam skin visit: SteamSkins (link to steamskins.org)
Credit: SteamSkins, Santo Pfingsten.